NBB inquiries and Informal Advising
- Walk-ins are welcome in the NBB Office between 8:30-4:00pm
- Informal Advising - NBB Faculty and NBB Staff are normally at all Campus Student Orientation events, Fairs for majors and also at the Oxford Campus once per semester to answer questions regarding the NBB major.
Declaring the Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology (NBB) Major
Students are required to choose a major by the end of the second year. You may, however, declare as early as the first semester of your freshman year.
To declare NBB as your major, you must come to the NBB office between 8:30 a.m. And 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday and fill out the appropriate paperwork in person, which should take about 15 minutes. The NBB office is located at 1462 Clifton Road (referred to as the Dental School building) Suite 304 (MAP). Forms to complete include:
- The Emory College major declaration form (paper copy in the office)
- The NBB Program Request for Information form (downloadable HERE). This can be filled out in advance and emailed to the NBB office (NBBinfo@emory.edu) in advance of arrival to shorten your declaration process time.
- Please bring student I.D card, state Driver's license, or other form of picture identification.
Your NBB Advisor
Most NBB Faculty are NBB advisors. You and your NBB Faculty Advisor will work together to plan your path through the NBB major and to address any complex issues that may arise. You may choose from the NBB Advisor list or one will be assigned once you declare your NBB major. All declared NBB majors have an NBB Advisor.